Thursday, July 9, 2009

Paper piecing with Core-dinations

I have a love for creating custom embellishments, sometimes digging in and adding ridiculously small details can be very absorbing and therapeutic. It usually just takes some time pulling the idea together. In the case of this layout I wanted the guitar be the star of the show, so I created a die cut for my machine {I have a klic-n-kut}, then I cut two guitars, one in light brown one in dark, I love the detail that you can add with Core-dinations, that is how I created the frets. I then used an old ek success punch for the swirly shape in the center and sanded the body of the guitar to add a wood grain. For another customizing idea notice how the strings in the photo extend off the page, this is easily done with the track in you paper cutter and my handy fiskars stylus.
Products used Core-dinations cardstock and junkitz pattern paper and DMC mettalic thread and bazzill tiny brads and basic grey chipboard alphas.

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!!!!
    This is amazing girl!!!! That guitar is so cool and the extension of the strings look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that guitar and the strings. great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the guitar strings are RIDICULOUSLY cool, and i love the idea of folding the paper and feeding it though the crimper diagonally. thanks for the inspo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...