Tuesday, August 6, 2013

1st Birthday details

Hey Friends, I hope that you are enjoying your summer, mine has been full, as a Mom I am doing my best to achieve balance. There is a lot of work that needs to be done around here, from the daily tasks of cooking and cleaning, to the progress of the new house. I always have to remind myself to be in the moment, take time for fun and slow down. So for my daughters birthday, I went all out in the creation department and enjoyed every moment.

 I sewed her this lovely yellow dress and made the matching hair band


I blew up 60 balloons and strung them up with 300 lights ripped up three bedsheets in


I sewed a cute country banner and created bumble bee water labels


I made Bee hive table labels, made with Core'dinations



and baked a bee hive cake.


My daughter may never remember her first birthday, but I will. It was a wonderful family affair and I am glad I took time out from the hustle and bustle to pull it together. Now back to the grindstone, literally, this week we are moving HUGE rocks for landscaping. I will share that later.

TTFN ;)

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. This is so ridiculously darling. With Emmaline's 1st birthday party on Saturday, I am feeling the unfortunate need to tone down my crafty ideas for lack of time! :) I am sure you had to do the same.

    TOOOOO funny though that we both sewed the SAME dress for our girls! Check mine out here: http://courtscrafts.blogspot.com/2013/07/may-arts-finalist-post-and-projects.html

    haha! HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIPER (a few days late!) What a doll. I cannot wait to get our girls together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl!!!
    You did an awesome job!!! What a beautiful 1st bday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just the SWEETEST thing i have seen, what a treasure Piper is...and I love all that yellow.....miss you my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...