Monday, July 26, 2010

Heat wave

Well it's really feeling like summer now and I love it. It is a fantastic time for picture taking and there are a ton of great activities happening. Last week we went to the beach and I got some fun shots of the boys playing around. I used this months sketch from My little bit of whimsy and created a summer landscape. 
The core-dinations team got sent some amazing stuff from Queen n co like these fabulous felt swirls that create my waves, the flower and button to create the sun and the Rox and bling to create the frame for my photos. The adorable whimsy bird was the perfect finishing touch for my sky
Oh and check this out, I am so proud of my use of left overs here!! I used the negative from my cloud to emboss another cloud into the background and I used the punched out bits from my fiskars border punch boundary waters for my letters. I just cut off the excess and I love it. What can I say little things make me happy!!
Products used Core-dinations Cardstock, Pattern Paper by October Afternoon, Bling buttons and felt by Queen n Co and Birdy by My little bit of Whimsy.

Share/Bookmark

16 comments:

  1. OMG Lydia.....I am sooooooooooooooooooooo lifting your title idea...thats the best new idea I have seen in such a long time I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooooo me tooo. love the title idea. and the lo is so colorful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout - every element is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. want to send the heat over here, because CA this year is having a cool summer!!

    love the little bird in the cloud :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Love how you created those waves.

    It's been summer for too long here on the east coast! I know I shouldn't be complaining, but temps of over 90-100 degrees every day for a month is a bit much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh your layout is fantastic.
    I love all the details, those swirls are so cool. I agree i really like your letters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!!! Love the waves and the little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable! So much detail, I feel like I need to stare at it for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the birdie in the cloud and that blue rainbow :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very cute layout! Love how you used all the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fabulous page! Love every detail you used here - the title is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG chich that is so cute!!! Love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this page, it's perfect! I love the way you made your title =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...