Sunday, November 29, 2009

Squirrelling Away

I got this simple tin can with a coin hole last year at a retreat and I have been meaning to dress it up. So I had a little fun with this adorable little squirrel from Reminisce. I just wrapped the can in piece of their wood paper. Before I stuck the squirrel on, I backed his tail with stiff black cardstock, so that it would be reinforced and to get rid of the stickiness. I then I placed the woodland leaves around the can and punched a circle out of orange cardstock with the phrase "Squirrelling away for a rainy day" on it. An Acorn button to top it off and Ta Da, a playful piggy bank.
Products used Coredinations Cardstock, Reminisce Pattern Papers and Cardstock Stickers.



  1. So cute! Thanks for the comment on my blog today!

  2. This is really cute, love the play on words D:)

  3. i love this - where do you get a can with a hole in it??? it's a great idea and i'd love to do it for my girls :D

    ps - awesome nut button!

  4. Oh my cute! I love it!

  5. Now THAT's adorable! You really made that little squirrel even cuter. LOVE, love, love this.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...