Sunday, November 29, 2009

Squirrelling Away

I got this simple tin can with a coin hole last year at a retreat and I have been meaning to dress it up. So I had a little fun with this adorable little squirrel from Reminisce. I just wrapped the can in piece of their wood paper. Before I stuck the squirrel on, I backed his tail with stiff black cardstock, so that it would be reinforced and to get rid of the stickiness. I then I placed the woodland leaves around the can and punched a circle out of orange cardstock with the phrase "Squirrelling away for a rainy day" on it. An Acorn button to top it off and Ta Da, a playful piggy bank.
Products used Coredinations Cardstock, Reminisce Pattern Papers and Cardstock Stickers.

Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for the comment on my blog today!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute, love the play on words D:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this - where do you get a can with a hole in it??? it's a great idea and i'd love to do it for my girls :D

    ps - awesome nut button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...so cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now THAT's adorable! You really made that little squirrel even cuter. LOVE, love, love this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...