Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Kitchen Witch and my little black book

Everywhere that I go I carry with me a little black book. This book is made by Blue line and it has lined paper on one side and graph paper on the other. It's not all that pretty but it is durable and functional. When ever and where ever inspiration hits, I can jot down notes or sketch out a layout. I am really big into doing sketches for myself, but when I am feeling lazy or uninspired I like to cruise around looking for some that are ready made. After googling sketches I came across Valerie Salmon's Got Sketch blog, she has a fantastic selection of great sketches, and some really amazing examples. This is one that caught my eye.

Valerie Salmon's sketches are for personal use only and not for the purpose of publication submissions, contest entries, design team projects, class projects, and design templates.

Here' s my rendition of the sketch, it's the story of our family kitchen witch. This kooky little women has been hanging in my families various kitchens for the past 28 years. She is getting a little worn and grungy but she continues her vigilance, protecting my cooking from spoil and burn {a full time job}. Products used Core-dinations Cardstock, Cosmo cricket pattern paper and buttons from the button box TFL:)

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...