Sunday, October 16, 2011

Channeling my inner Kim

I took these pictures the other day of my kids playing Robin Hood in the back yard and when I saw them I knew I wanted  the photos to have an antique feel. When it comes to this style, nobody does it like my friend Kim Jeffress, so for this layout I used her techniques for inspiration.


When I was in Australia with her, I remember her telling me she never uses a ruler, so the first thing I did was put away my ruler. I then went through my stash and pulled out a variety of paper and embellishments that I thought went well together.
I included things that Kim usually has in her signature style, like Whimsy pins, raw chipboard,ribbon, buttons and pearls. Actually some of the things she sent me :)



Then I pulled it together and added just a POP of red to play up the photos


Lastly a splatter of smootch to give it that artistic touch.
Thanks Kim and congrats on making the basic grey team. You are Fab, and I am totally missin yah!! 

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWW you have totally made my day sweet friend, I am totally honoured and hey I totally LOVE that layout, how cool are those fabulous photos, I so can't wait to visit so I can take my own Robin Hood photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....and hopefully get a bit of scrapping in together as well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, i totally see the kim influence here! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The little bird pin is cute! I'd have trouble with the first step - putting away the ruler! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Lydia - love how it came out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...