Monday, March 30, 2009

Create your own embellishment

I love this classic color combo of blue and yellow, it is bright and goes perfectly with the photos of my sons swimming lessons. I wanted a turtle for an embellishment (because he was in level sea turtle), but as Murphy would have it I could not find one. So I headed to my Google image search to find a picture that I could some how create into a paper piecing. I found this turtle but it really needed to be simplified (that would be far to much cutting). So I solidified the head, arms and legs (flippers, not sure what you call it), and kept the detail on the shell. I cut out the shape twice and layered the light green, with the shell and head cut out, on top of the solid dark green. I then used a little ink to add definition to the edge of the shell and there you have it a cute little turtle. The waves were a hand cut job too, just kinda fun and funky, with button splashes. So if you can't find something at a store next time, just make it up!! Products used Pattern paper by October Afternoon, Scenic Route, Chatterbox, Cardstock by Bazzill, button by foofala, stamps by October Afternoon

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. ohhh my goodness!! that's adorable!! :)

    btw, i tagged you here: http://laura-edwards.blogspot.com/2009/03/tag-youre-it.html

    happy monday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...