Monday, March 30, 2009

Create your own embellishment

I love this classic color combo of blue and yellow, it is bright and goes perfectly with the photos of my sons swimming lessons. I wanted a turtle for an embellishment (because he was in level sea turtle), but as Murphy would have it I could not find one. So I headed to my Google image search to find a picture that I could some how create into a paper piecing. I found this turtle but it really needed to be simplified (that would be far to much cutting). So I solidified the head, arms and legs (flippers, not sure what you call it), and kept the detail on the shell. I cut out the shape twice and layered the light green, with the shell and head cut out, on top of the solid dark green. I then used a little ink to add definition to the edge of the shell and there you have it a cute little turtle. The waves were a hand cut job too, just kinda fun and funky, with button splashes. So if you can't find something at a store next time, just make it up!! Products used Pattern paper by October Afternoon, Scenic Route, Chatterbox, Cardstock by Bazzill, button by foofala, stamps by October Afternoon



  1. ohhh my goodness!! that's adorable!! :)

    btw, i tagged you here:

    happy monday! :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...