Monday, September 21, 2009

Summer's last hurrah!

Yesterday was such a beautiful fall day, the low sun light, makes everything just sparkle and glow, defiantly a good day to be outdoors. I was inspired to head to my local nursery, where I bought some magnificent new tress. My home is a fall home and the colors inside and out come to life right about now, so the trees I bought reflect that. A white flowering dogwood who's leaves turn a bright red, a tall and stringy Katsura with heart shaped leaves that turn golden, a sugar maple that will turn copper, and a soaring (one day 80-100ft) European Beech that will retain its lime leaves until the springs new growth pushes them off.This is the Katsura, beautiful eh? Fall is a great time for planting, so with the weather man predicting sun for this week I will probably not be scrapping, I will be outside in the garden. This layout is one I created for Daily Inspirations celebrating the toys of summer. As for me an my home, we welcome fall.
Products used, Core-dinations Black Magic & Core essentials, Pattern Paper and embellishments by October Afternoon TFL :)

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. beautiful page - love the helmet :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great photographs! Love the papers and the layout. Very cool, very boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees sound beautiful! Love your page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see your trees and landscaping. Beautiful page, love the two photos that tell the story! Thanks so so much for coming and commenting at my blog, I so appreciate it. You are so kind!!! I hope you stop by again. I look forward to getting to know you.
    xoxo,
    ja
    julieannshahin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute! love those sanded sons!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...