Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Core on Canvas

I wanted to make my new niece something for her nursery. I cannot tell you how wonderful it felt to do something a little on the girly side. Her room is a jungle theme, so that is why I chose this fun and funky green pattern paper by Crate. I had this very inexpensive canvas laying around so I painted the sides and edges a dark burgundy, I embossed my Core-dinations cardstock with a Sissix folder and then used my Dynomite to emboss her birth date. Since the canvas was stapled on the outside {the negative of buying cheap}, I covered the staples with this  velvet mauve ribbon by Maya Rd. I added some ribbon, a few buttons and an acrylic heart as a finishing touch. I hope they like it because I sure do!! I think that I may to a couple more for the boys when we move into the new house, I love cheap custom art!!!



Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

  1. totally brilliant idea to decorate the house with fabulous layouts!!!! love it. I finally have an embossing machine and some coredination cardstock, I look forward to trying this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo sweet! LOVE this. The embossing is just beautiful. Not nearly as beautiful as those photos. They make me ache a little....*sigh* new babies. :) BIG congrats Auntie Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable. I am sure they will love it. I would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful project -- just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo sweet! Your canvas is so beautiful and adorable! I love the soft colors and all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's gorgeous! I know that they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just fabulous! LOVING the girly theme and those adorable photos. CUTE pink embossed piece too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...